Tuesday, May 23, 2006

WHERE HAVE ALL THE MOVIES GONE??


At present, our Netflix consumption is tied up with Ken Burns' brilliant Civil War series, and the stuff in theaters is CRAP, so there's been shamefully scant cinema intake around here lately. But last weekend we caught a few seconds of a laugh-out-loud terrible Kenneth Branagh film from the mid-90's called THE PROPOSITION. It seemed to be some kind of period piece with K-Bran as a priest mired in a love triangle with Madeleine Stowe and William Hurt, who play an infertile couple who turn to a shady guy for some sperm. Anyway, it was good for a laugh.

Needless to say, I am really looking forward to getting back to the movies, both at home and in the theater. I think I have a date with DONNIE DARKO in the next ten days or so. (For some reason, Mike doesn't want to watch it. Too much teen angst?) Should be nice to kick-start my crush on Jake G.

Lastly, I guess I'll take this opportunity to invite folks to recommend something that might actually be worth seeing out there. At the moment, it is feeling like a long, dry spell.

1 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Donnie Darko has been sitting on top of the TV for almost two months now, and Mike just really doesn't want to see it. I am going to watch it on Friday night while he is at Radiohead. I know I will enjoy it.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home