Sunday, January 04, 2009

TRAILERS AS TORTURE


Can we talk about previews for a minute?  (I think I must have engaged in a similar rant during the previous lifetime of this blog, but hey - this stuff never gets old.)

OK, maybe one preview in particular:  REVOLUTIONARY ROAD.  It makes me want to kill myself.  I saw it again today for the umpteenth time, and it was like torture.  Can someone please explain to me why I need to see this move?  I mean, just the two minute trailer contains enough angst, moist eyes, screaming, stomping and smashing of dishes to last a lifetime.  Why do I need two HOURS of that shit??

I love Kate - always have.  And Leo almost made of a believer out of me with THE DEPARTED.  And this woman who was at Northwestern a year behind me seems to have a pretty big role, and I wish her all the best (nothin' but love.)  But SERIOUSLY:  the film looks excruciating.  And I had a pretty rough year, thanks very much, so can we lighten up already?

Oh - on a related note:  also got a second look today at the trailer for THE SOLOIST.  OK, I am a HUGE RDJ fan, and would almost see it just for him, but  - as Mike so rightly points out - ENOUGH ALREADY with that friggin' cello piece!!!!!!  There has to be at least ONE other cello piece out there they could have beat us over the head with.  Does it enrage me/us just because of its prominent place in the famous WEST WING Christmas/Yo-Yo Ma/Josh's PTSD episode?  I don't know.  But hearing it endlessly over the end of that preview gives ME PTSD!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home