Friday, March 03, 2006

DREAM BIG

As the flu continues to run its course, I am racking up the movies. We finally watched HUSTLE & FLOW last night, which has been sitting on top of our TV for about three weeks now. I know Dort already posted about this one, but I wanted to just add my 2 cents. The main thing I will say about this film is, TERRENCE HOWARD IS A FREAKING FORCE OF NATURE. He is totally mesmerizing. He should be a huge, huge star. I found the film to be light-hearted and toe-tapping one minute, and incredibly moving and heavy the next. I particularly liked the scene where DJay and Nola are listening to Key record the music in the church. But it didn't feel herky-jerky; it felt authentic. I really enjoyed the supporting cast, too, and the groovy beats really helped lift my flu-battered spirits.

1 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Am I supposed to take that comment about DBH loving VERA DRAKE seriously?? *Scratching head*

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home